Dad, Shelby, and I went snow-shoeing and sledding up at Mt. Hood on Saturday. We met our friends Tabytha and Tim up there and they took these pictures. Dad says that cameras make him look fat, but I think his black clothes are quite slimming.
In this picture on the right, I had just told Dad that I was too tired to walk back to the truck and wanted him to carry me. Dad was psyched because "we're only 1/2 mile from the parking lot, it's uphill, and it's dumping," or something like that. Thanks, Dad!
In this one, the snow's coming down so hard that we couldn't find our friends, Tim & Tabytha. We were lost. Lucky for us, they took this photo using their high-powered camera then emailed it to my dad's phone which he then combined with his cell phone signal to triangulate where we were and where are friends were. His keen sense of technology in this high-pressure situation kept us focused and alert as we enjoyed our nature walk to Trillium Lake. I love my dad.
In this picture, Dad got so tired from carrying me that he eventually just launched me into a snow bank. I started to cry because I wanted Dad to pick me up and I was cold, but he reassured me by saying, "don't worry, buddy, I have a plan. Do you remember that LifeCall commercial from 1987 where the old woman falls down and says, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"? I'm going to lay down next to you and when that group of people back there come upon us, I want you to say that, alright, buddy?"
I told Dad I didn't think I had seen that commercial before because I"m not allowed to watch commercials, but he didn't care. He just said to "lay down and repeat after me." So I did and you know what? We found three people who carried us all the way back to the parking lot! It was awesome - Dad and I high-fived each other the whole way back!
I found that commercial by-the-way - here it is below. If you ask me, I did a better impression than this old hag.
No comments:
Post a Comment