After a night in Reno sleeping in a bed and having a nice bath, we headed up into northeastern Cali and spent the afternoon at Lava Caves National Monument. This place was awesome. We went caving with our headlamps on and it was so cool. I think, I mean, I know that Mom was more nervous then I was, and geology boy Dad was psyched. We looked for bats and it was real dark in there but I wasn't scared, not even once. We also checked out some cool pictures that people put on this big rock mountain a long time ago...called petroglyphs and pictographs. I don't really know what that means, but I do know that they were cool. I call it old art.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Family Vacation, Part 3, Lava Beds National Monument
After a night in Reno sleeping in a bed and having a nice bath, we headed up into northeastern Cali and spent the afternoon at Lava Caves National Monument. This place was awesome. We went caving with our headlamps on and it was so cool. I think, I mean, I know that Mom was more nervous then I was, and geology boy Dad was psyched. We looked for bats and it was real dark in there but I wasn't scared, not even once. We also checked out some cool pictures that people put on this big rock mountain a long time ago...called petroglyphs and pictographs. I don't really know what that means, but I do know that they were cool. I call it old art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment